July (Volume 1, Number 1)
- A Strong Solid Waste Bill Trashed in House
- NARS Bill – Still, No Comment
- Confusion in Senate Sinks Public Comment on Environmental Assessments
- Structure or No, Zodiac Boaters Can Be Regulated
- A Boost for Plant Quarantine Laws
- House Chokes on the Clean Air Bill
- State Review of Biotech Tests Falters in Senate
- Not What Congress Had in Mind
- A Bill for Mom and Pop – and Chevron
August (Volume 1, Number 2)
- A Million-Dollar Document — or Who Said Talk Is Cheap?
- Divining Sustainable Yields
- Water Management Areas: Too Little, Too Late?
- The Hawai`i Stream Assessment: Report with a Mission
- A Short Course in Water Rights
- Why Conserve Water? Or, Let them drink Perrier
- From a Flood of Words, an Emerging Water Plan
September (Volume 1, Number 3)
- A Maui Castle is just a House – like the Pyramids are Tombstones!
- A Man with 'an Endless Moneypit'
- A Reader's Guide to Subzones
- Conservation Terms in Plain English
- Showdown on Mount Olomana
- Grass Roots
- Editorial: Stop the Gambling in Conservation District Land
- For a House in Lanikai, The Fourth Time's a Charm
October (Volume 1, Number 4)
- Ash: A Resource Beyond Recovery
- Recycling Made Easy – And Outrageously Expensive
- It's Fine, So Long as You Don't Breathe
- H-POWER Emissions Pass Test – For What It's Worth
- Editorial: Does Honolulu Really Have Money to Burn?
- Turning Trash into Ash And Dollars into Cinders
November (Volume 1, Number 5)
- Grass Roots
- After Nine Years, R.M. Towill Sees the Light
- That 'Certain Special Business Culture'
- Editorial: Getting and Spending, and Nothing to Show
- Lots of Pork, Little Sewage At the New Hilo Treatment Works
December (Volume 1, Number 6)
- The Coast Guard's Nightmare: A ‘Worst-Case’ Scenario
- Ship Oil, and Court Disaster
- Yes, Hawai`i Exports Oil
- The Grounding of the Star Connecticut
- Dread 'Superfund' Is No Peril at Sea
- Congress Gets Tough On Spillers – in Due Course
- Editorial: Our Ignorance Runs Deep, And the Water Is Shallow
- Learning the Lessons Of the Star Connecticut