Group Sues Kaua`i County, Grove Farm Over Water Line Tied to Blue Hole Diversion

posted in: June 2018 | 0

If the state Board of Land and Natural Resources grants permission to one entity to divert water from a stream for a particular use, can that diverted water then be used for other things by other entities that don’t have a board permit? Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. and its East Maui Irrigation Company, for example, have permits from the Land Board to divert East Maui streams and they provide some of that water to the Maui Department of Water Supply for municipal use.

However, in the case of Grove Farm using — and getting paid to transmit to the Kaua . . .

Please sign in to access password-protected articles.

If you do not subscribe and would like to, if you would like to renew your subscription, or if you want to purchase a 2-day pass, please click here.

If you are a current subscriber, but do not yet have an account, please contact us and we will set one up for you.